As I stated in yesterday’s post Why You May Want To Avoid Making New Years Resolutions, Resolutions can be a bit intimidating so you should set more manageable goals. So what goals can I set for myself?
A goal list can be similar to a bucket list except that the goals are more short-term. The best thing for a goal list is to stick to smaller manageable steps. It may help to put your goals on a printable chart or to create a poster/bulletin board.
Some short-term goals I would like to set for myself.
- Eat healthier. Cut the bad carbs and increase the good ones.
- Lose 5 pounds by January 31
- Take a walk at least twice a week. It may be difficult in the winter but both my physical and mental health needs is.
- Write more although due to current circumstances that can be a trifle difficult.
- Get my own domain although this time be smarter about it.
- Find an accountability partner and confidant to talk about current issues I am facing.
- Stop being a doormat. Stand up for myself.
- Get back into the Bible
- Talk to someone about a current health issue that needs addressed
- Stop expecting validation from places i will never get it from. Only God can fulfill that.
- Be more honest with both myself and others.
- Avoid toxic situations.
I am probably going to have to get another second job soon so time may be limited but I hope to keep up with the blogging because I know I need to exercise what He has given me.
In a month or so I will have to reevaluate my goals but doing that has always been a continual process because life is continually changing.