Caitlin was only seventeen when she was diagnosed with Stage Three Germ Cell Ovarian Cancer…… the same thing I was diagnosed with when I turned forty.
Like me, she was having issues with bloating and losing weight and like me, her doctor brushed it off…… and, like me, a sonogram was what it took to find the tumor. I went through the same thing with the chemo. It was not pleasant! Before I give you the link to read her story, I just want to remind you of the symptoms once again.
- Abdominal pressure, fullness, swelling or bloating
- Urinary urgency, a frequent need to urinate
- Pelvic discomfort or pain
- Persistent indigestion, gas or nausea
- Unexplained changes in bowel habits, such as constipation or diarrhea
- Loss of appetite or quickly feeling full
- Increased abdominal girth or clothes fitting tighter around your waist
- Difficulty losing weight
- Pain during intercourse (dyspareunia)
- A persistent lack of energy
- Low back pain….Numbness or tingling in legs
- Changes in menstruation
- Symptoms above worsening during menstruation
Now please go and read Caitlin’s story and then, please share with someone else.