School pictures have gotten ridiculously expensive and you don’t get much for what you pay for. So what is a mom on a small budget to do?
1) Cheat sheet: Search on Pinterest for poses you may wish to use and then copy and paste them onto a cheat sheet you can pull out for ideas.
2) Be creative with backgrounds. Old wood from barns and even outhouses can be marvelous backdrops as well as bushes, trees, ponds and gazebos. In the photo to the right, I found the wheel underneath some pine trees surrounded by flowers. It looks like it was done in a studio, doesn’t it?
3) What are their interests?
Football stadiums are great places to take photos of football players, cheerleaders and even those in the band.
4) Go to various sites and make sure you take a change of clothing
5) Take your camera card to Wal-mart which often gets your photos back in an hour. You can get two wallet size photos for $0.54 for the pair or an 8×10 for $2.84. You can get ten times more taking your own photos and printing them at Wal-mart for less than what you would pay a professional photographer and have more choice in poses.
Now get out there and take some pictures!