Ovarian Cancer is known as The Cancer That Whispers because its symptoms mimic so many other symptoms.
- Abdominal pressure, fullness, swelling or bloating
- Urinary urgency, a frequent need to urinate
- Pelvic discomfort or pain
- Persistent indigestion, gas or nausea
- Unexplained changes in bowel habits, such as constipation or diarrhea
- Loss of appetite or quickly feeling full
- Increased abdominal girth or clothing fitting tighter around your waist
- Difficulty losing weight
- Pain during intercourse (dyspareunia)
- A persistent lack of energy
- Low back pain….Numbness or tingling in legs
- Changes in menstruation
- Symptoms above worsening during menstruation
If you experience one or more of these symptoms that persist, go to the doctor and insist on both a trans-vaginal ultrasound (TVUS) and the CA-125 blood test. Do not just allow them to rely on the blood test because it does pick up every form of ovarian cancer. It did not pick up my type!
Also, i am starting a campaign where you put the word BEAT in your Facebook status for the entire month of September. Every time some one asks what it means or comments on it, private message them and tell them,
“September is Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month. I am doing my part to spread awareness by putting the word BEAT as my Facebook Status all month..
- B for bloating that is persistent and doesn’t come and go
- E for eating less and feeling fuller
- A for abdominal pain
- T for telling your GP
As someone asks what that means, private message them with this message.”
And now for the free word search!
Simply Right Click and Save To Your Computer
Will you help me spread the word?